Saturday, November 26, 2005

About Our Namesake

The original Messenger and Advocate began in October 1834 in Kirtland, Ohio. It was the successor publication to the Evening and the Morning Star, the first LDS publication, started by William W. Phelps in June 1832.

The Church published the Messenger and Advocate for the next three years, as its official publication. The editors included Oliver Cowdrey, John Whitmer, W.W. Phelps, and Warren A. Cowdrey. It is the primary historical source for the Church's Ohio period. It ceased publication in September 1837. It is our hope that those who blog and comment on these pages will do so in the spirit as latter-day messengers and advocates of Jesus Christ and His Gospel Restored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home